IPAD-IPHONE dimensions display wrong

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #6759 by TieYaKangaroo
Hi Joomlarulez!

I just signed up to text JW Player Module on one of my projects to check it will suit my needs before subscribing for a licence and purchase of the Advanced JW Module and have a small problem with it's display. I have set the dimensions 525 width 315 height in it's parameters and this works fine on the desktop but displays a very small height value on iPads and iPhones.

Could I please have some assistance here.

Thanks

URL: rep100final.kangawebsites.com

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by TieYaKangaroo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6761 by admin
Hello,

You are using a youtube video, Youtube haven't yet released their html5 api, so when you are using a pure htlm5 devices such as iOS with youtube, then jwplayer use a craft fallback mechanism :

"For YouTube streams, the plain YouTube <embed> code is inserted. This triggers a special-case embed of the YouTube player on iOS and Android devices. Videos will simply play inline, but the JW Player interface and API are not available."

So this come from how youtube display it not jwplayer.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6777 by TieYaKangaroo
Thanks for your reply. I have now directed the path to a video file in the media folder instead and it is working. The video is a .mov format, I would like to know if, as the format normally requires Quicktime to view it if it is being played with the JW Player, would visitors to the site still need Quicktime to view it or will it be automatically visible? In other words, would they receive a Quicktime download prompt?

Thanks again.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6778 by admin
Please don' t use quicktime format, use mp4 instead :

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...8/mp4-video-encoding

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form