JoomlaRuleZ! License Guidelines
- Created on 20 August 2008
- Last Updated on 13 November 2012
- Written by Admin
- Hits: 21984
- All Our plugin and module are under the GPL License, that's mean that the code is open, no encrypted code.
- JW Player itself (the flashplayer) is the proprierty of Longtailvideo and is under CC License : CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
Please note that we (Joomlarulez.com) are not able to changing the terms of license for the JW Player (the flashplayer itself), as it is the propriety of Longtail Video not ours.
JW Player Licenses
JW Player 6 — Free, Pro, Premium, and Ads Editions
The use of JW Player Free, Pro, Premium, and Ads editions are governed by the JW Player 6 License. In short:
- JW Player Free - You can use this edition freely for personal or non-commercial use. Put it on your personal blog, non-profit, or government website and let the video role. But if you advertise on your site or it's owned by a business, then please purchase a commercial edition.
- JW Player Pro, Premium, Ads - These are the commercial editions of the player, offering custom branding, advanced features, and advertising capabilities. You can use these on commercial websites. Restrictions on the number of domains and volume usage may apply. Please consult the pricing page at time of purchase for specific details.
The full license text can be found here: JW Player 6 License
JW Player 6 — Open Source Edition
The use of the JW Player Open Source edition is governed by a Creative Commons license. In short:
- JW Player Open Source - You can use, modify, copy, and distribute this edition as long as it's for non-commercial use, you provide attribution, and share under a similar license.
The license summary and full text can be found here: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
How do I purchase a license?To purchase a JW Player Player, first visit our JW Player Pricing Page and select the version that meets your needs, and then order online.
How do I know if I need to purchase a license?Below is a list of the most common reasons you will need to purchase a JW Player license:
- You want to remove the JW Player Logo
- You are using the JW Player on a commercial site, or for commercial purposes
- You are interested in one or more of the features offered in our licensed player editions.
- You are running video ads in your JW Player
What payment methods do you accept?We accept the following payment methods: PayPal.
I have an older license for the JW Player (v.5X or earlier), what does it cover?As the terms of older licenses vary greatly, please contact sales and we will respond with the relevant information. Please remember to include your original order number & order email.
Can I transfer my license to someone else?No. JW Player licenses are non-transferrable.
I purchased a license, but I didn't receive anything.It's possible your order didn't fully process. Please contact us and we'll email your license within two business days.
I accidentally submitted my license order twice. What do I do?Just contact us and we'll be happy to cancel the duplicate order for you.
I changed my mind about my order. How do I cancel?We do not refund except special case, see our refund policy.
I have another question about licenses. Where can I find an answer?Contact us and we’ll help you out.