Problem to make playlists

More
12 years 6 months ago #3291 by alpinemartin
:( I am a Joomla Beginner and have build a family website using Joomla 1.7. For my video clips, I would like to try to use JWPlayer as a Plugin in an article, but I could also consider using the Module. My problem is that I cannot get the free version to work with a playlist. I am also uncertain of how to do a correct upgrate of the free version, without overwriting any parameters of importance.

Please help me with instructions for the following:

1. What syntax should I use in an article to make the JWPlayer appear (correctly sized to Width=864 Height=486) with a playlist? How do I build the playlist (do I need to build a separate file? If so, what syntax? Where to put the file?)

2. How do I upgrade my old version of JWPlayer to the current free version

Incidentally, I have tried in vain to find and download the .pdf documentation to the JWPlayer - any help would be appreciated

Regards, Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3293 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Problem to make playlists
Hello,

As Free members you have only access to the free module :
www.joomlarulez.com/download/cat_view/41.../43-free-module.html

and here is documentation :

www.joomlarulez.com/download/cat_view/45...counter&ascdesc=DESC

1 a - to Embed a player in article a content plugin is more accurate (like the JW player plugin advanced), but a module can do the job (less user friendly but possible), see how to here (this if for J1.5, but 1.7 works the same) :

www.joomlaspan.com/general/include-any-m...ent-in-joomla-15.php

1 b - For the playlist yes it can be locate in an xml file (RSS link), see how to here :

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...xml-playlist-support

This is also explain in the doc

2 - Sorry it depend from how was embed jwplyer in our website.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3297 by alpinemartin
Many thanks for fast explanations and comments!

I believe I have come a few steps forward, but am not stuck with the following error message (shown on my site, when viewing the content which should be the JW Player with a playlist): Task Queue failed at step 5: Playlist could not be loaded: Error #1083

Could it be that I have a problem with access to the playlist? I believe I you mention something with an access problem that has to be remedied by placing a file on the root directory of the site. Could it be incorrect syntax?

Here is the syntax I have used in my playlist file:

<rss version="2.0" xmlns:jwplayer=" developer.LongTailvideo.com/ ">

<channel>
<title>Test playlist of videos</title>

<item>
<title>first winter and Christmas 1(5)</title>
<description>First of 5 short video clips of first winter and Christmas experiences.</description>
<media:content url=" www.domainname.country/media/com_webplay...nd_Christmas_1-1.mp4 " />
<media:thumbnail url=" www.domainname.country/media/com_webplay...hristmas_1_thumb.jpg " />
<jwplayer:playlist.image> www.domainname.country/media/com_webplayer/
first_winter_and_Christmas_1_thumb.jpg</jwplayer:playlist.image>
<jwplayer:duration>10.0</jwplayer:duration>
</item>

<item>
<title>first winter and Christmas 2(5)</title>
<description>Second of 5 short video clips of first winter and Christmas experiences</description>
<media:content url=" www.domainname.country/media/com_webplay...nd_Christmas_2-1.mp4 " />
<media:thumbnail url=" www.domainname.country/media/com_webplay...hristmas_2_thumb.jpg " />
<jwplayer:playlist.image> www.domainname.country/media/com_webplay...hristmas_2_thumb.jpg
<jwplayer:duration>10.0</jwplayer:duration>
</item>

</channel>

</rss>

More
12 years 6 months ago #3299 by alpinemartin
Just wanted to let you know, that I have tried putting the cross-domain file in my root directory www.domainname.country but it doesn't seem that this is the problem, as I get an error message when the JW Player Window appears.

I am also having a problem displaying the module using the instruction "loadposition modulename" as you suggested in your link. It simply doesn't appear, so I have to use the module by assigning it to the relevant menu item.

Grateful for help to better understand and resolve these issues!

More
12 years 6 months ago #3302 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Problem to make playlists
Could you provide a link ?

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form