Installation of JWPlayer Advanced Plugin Failed

More
7 years 7 months ago #7882 by admin
a page where you have set the player with this URL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #7883 by webdevtim
www.911tap.org/index.php

Third Video in the left column from the top. I will just leave that broken for 6 hours so that you can look at the html.

More
7 years 7 months ago #7884 by admin
you are using a plugin or a template who compress /minify javascript, jwplayer is not compatible with this kind of tool, please exclude

jwplayer.html5.js
jwplayer.js

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #7885 by webdevtim
Thanks you, I will set an exclusion for those JavaScript files.

Thank you very much I would probably not have guessed that until after hours of trying everything else.

I owe you.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: grammar mistakes

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #7888 by webdevtim
where is jwplayer.html5.js. I found one such file in player/6, but in JWPLayer 7 there is only player/7/provider.html5.js and no jwplayer.html5.js. Should I point to the file in player/6 in this case?

Setting these exclusions didn't work for me. I am just setting source to the .mp4 file until I understand what I need to do to use HLS streaming manifest files instead of directly accessing the video file.

I should ask, what level of account do I need on JWPlayer in order for HLS streaming to be available to me?

I just noticed on the JWPlayer documentation on HLS streaming that it only applies to Premium, Enterprise and Ads accounts. I assume that means I have to upgrade for m3u8 files to be created for me when I upload videos. Is that correct??

Once more thing, how do I handle fallbacks with the plugin and module?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Read Documentation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #7889 by admin
Excluding jwplayer.js is enough, now all players are correctly loaded (it was not the case).

HLS streaming is available in all version of JWplayer for iOS and android, but only premium allow it under flash, setting the mp4 file directly works as well, you don't have in this case the switching streaming bandwidth feature.

what kind of fallback ? media or player ?

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form