New to all this.. Please help.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2997 by kooky
Hello,
I'm making a new website using joomla 1.7 and I downloaded your module. I'm still under localhost since the website is under construction, but will be up very soon. This module is very important feature in my website and I want to find out how it works and buy the advanced commercial version.
Although I'm Greek, the documentation you give about setting up the module seems "all greek to me".
I would be very pleased if someone could help me to start from the begining.
I want to put videos but not from the Youtube or an RSS.
What do I have to do (from the begining) to upload videos to my pc and play them to your module?
What is the procedure? What do I have to do and where to go, to upload them in the net?
I 'm a total noob as you can understand..
I know that this is not a simple answer but unfortunately noone is able to help me setting up the whole thing.
I hope someone could give me some answers.
Thank you in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2998 by admin

kooky wrote: I want to put videos but not from the Youtube or an RSS.

why not a RSS ? it could be a simple xml file that you build and host in your server.

kooky wrote: What do I have to do (from the begining) to upload videos to my pc and play them to your module?
What is the procedure? What do I have to do and where to go, to upload them in the net?

Yes you have to upload on your server your videos, then if you want to make a playlist build an xml file and link it via the module (RSS Link mode), see here how to here :

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...xml-playlist-support

More
12 years 7 months ago #2999 by kooky
Ok. Thank you.
Now I have to learn how to create an xml file for my playlist.
I will try that and hope I succeed.
If not, I will get some help.
Thanks anyway..

More
12 years 7 months ago #3013 by kooky
Hi, I'm back again with another question.
I want to put images inside my articles which will link to a singe video each.
Is that possible with this module?
I mean someone clicks on the picture and a window pops up and the player plays the specific video...
Thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #3014 by admin
Hello,

not with the free module, this is possible with the danced one or the advanced plugin.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3026 by kooky
Ok. My site won't sell anything but will run advertisements such as Google ads and affilliate programs. What kind of the licence do I need to buy in order to use these extra features I asked you? It's all about a hobbyist thing and paying for each module inside it, is kind of difficult.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form