Botr Plan

More
12 years 4 months ago #3678 by martinkrol
Botr Plan was created by martinkrol
Hey there.

I bought the BOTR plan to be able to use the bits on the run from longtailvideo.com.

However what do I need to do to get the videos from bits on the run to work?

Here is my setup.

I have joomla 1.7, JWPlayerAdvanced 5.8, BTOR from longtailvideo.com, a video on there ( currently only one for testing ), and a bunch of bandwidth purchased. I also purchased the BOTR plan from joomlarulez to be able to use my existing botr with JWPlayerAdvanced.

What I did was I took the api key and secret key from BOTR and imput it into the JWPlayerAdvanced plugin.

I then typed in
Code:
{jwplayer}http://content.bitsontherun.com/players/9oFPVuJD-DP6PaSAA.js{/jwplayer}
in an article, hoping it would work. All I get is the default video from joomlarulez, and not my video.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a readme file with directions for me to use anywhere on how to get this plan to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3679 by martinkrol
Replied by martinkrol on topic Re: Botr Plan
Ok so I realized that I needed to download the plugin specific for botr. Done.

Does this mean that this player also needs to be manually licensed for my web address like the original JWPlayer advanced?

The reason why I ask is because when I use the botr player, it doesnt seem to use the tags. the articles have the actual text written, but it doesnt turn into the player.

with the regular JWPlayer advanced the same tag gets turned into the player.

SO, whats the next step?

More
12 years 4 months ago #3680 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Botr Plan
Hello

1 - yes you have understand there is specific version of JW player advanced extension for original botr server :

www.joomlarulez.com/download/doc_downloa...vanced-for-botr.html

www.joomlarulez.com/download/doc_downloa...vanced-for-botr.html

It is exactly the same as main version only BOTR server compatibility is add (instead video.joomlarulez.com server).

2 - For both version, the installation of the local unbranded player is the same.

3 - For both version, there is option who allow different combination between remote and local player :

• Field “Display of the Player”

Here select what will be the display of the player:

o Video.joomlarulez.com - Bits On The Run Display will use the setting set on the botr interface and ignore the setting set in the backend of the module.
o Combine Display with botr override local will use priority the setting set on the botr interface but complete with the setting set in the backend of the plugin and botr player will be used.
o Combine Display with local override botr will use priority the setting set in the backend of the plugin but complete with the setting set on the botr interface and local player will be used.
o Local Display will use the setting set on the backend of the plugin and ignore the setting set in the botr interface.

4 - we have also modify this extension :

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multime...o-broadcasting/14850

to work on Joomla 1.6 and 1.7, this is for people like you who have purchase the botr plan, but we haven't released it officially, if you want i can send it you by email.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form