Problems getting plugin set up correct

More
7 years 3 months ago #8048 by svein
We bought the advanced JW Player without a license (we already have a JW License).

I have not had much time to look at it before now as it look overly complicated. And looking at it now, it confirms my initial feeling.

The UI is a mess. There is no logical progress in the UI. And there is no explanation for it. In addition, it seems to be impossible to add a version number of the player as the drop-down is listing a long URL that we only see the beginning of. And that part does not contain any version number.

Add to this that it seems impossible to log in to the site with our original login to see the documentation and all the errors that comes up on this site, it is starting to look like a bad decision to buy this plugin.

There is a similar plugin for WordPress, but that is a real joy to use. Easy to set up and even easier to use.

Ok. Rant finished.

First thing I need is to get to the documentation for the plugin. How do I do that?

Second: How can I choose the version of the JW Player? I only see a beginning of a URL. No version numbers to choose...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #8049 by admin

svein wrote: Add to this that it seems impossible to log in to the site with our original login to see the documentation and all the errors that comes up on this site, it is starting to look like a bad decision to buy this plugin.

jwplayer.com and joomlarulez.com are different website so it's normal that you can't use the same credentials

svein wrote: First thing I need is to get to the documentation for the plugin. How do I do that?

here :
www.joomlarulez.com/support/documentation/plugin.html

svein wrote: (...) it seems to be impossible to add a version number of the player as the drop-down is listing a long URL that we only see the beginning of. And that part does not contain any version number (...)
Second: How can I choose the version of the JW Player? I only see a beginning of a URL. No version numbers to choose...

This is a Joomla 3.6.x issue :

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/11102

here is the patch to apply (unfortunately not yet available on Joomla 3.6.5)
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/11288/...4fdaedd8b835bb0dd8ce

or DL, unzip and upload this package at the webroot of your website :

www.joomlarulez.com/tmp/patch_joomla_3.6.x.zip

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #8050 by svein
First of all - thank you for answering. BUT:

admin wrote: jwplayer.com and joomlarulez.com are different website so it's normal that you can't use the same credentials

(...) Admin edition of post

Who said anything about jwplayer.com? You are the guys that has made the JW Player Advanced plugin? Right? I would never complain about logging in to jwplayer.com here!

As I am writing this, here is what it says on top of the page:
Code:
WARNING JFTP: :rename: Bad response. Rename failed.

When I try to log in, I get a generic message from the OS, not from the CMS you are using.

I will try your patch. Then get back to you. Thank you.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by admin. Reason: Screaming sentence not allowed

More
7 years 3 months ago #8051 by admin
If you want to continue to have support I ask you to be polite and calm

I remember you the rules here :

www.joomlarulez.com/forum/rules.html

More
7 years 3 months ago #8052 by svein
Sorry for not being calm. According to your rules, I can be calm and I can insult other people here as much as I want... That is not good rules...

The remark made by admin was very disrespectful. I reacted to that. Especially as I am your customer. I hope it is not normal here that customers get insulted like that.

Again - I am sorry for not being calm and using smileys :-)

More
7 years 3 months ago #8053 by admin
The remark I made is not disrespectful, the fact is some customer make confusion between both website.

then rules has been edited :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: svein

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form