JW Player module 3.8.0 does not work (no display)

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #7186 by philevr
I installed last version of JW Player module (3.8.0) on my Web site and I discovered a problem I had not with prior versions (JW Player 5).
Example can be seen on this page of my site inside the French article on Corsican music : the player is not displayed over the subtitle "Quatre créations d'A Filetta".

When I inspected HTML code with Firefox/Firebug, I found that all was good with the code generated by Javascript except the call for the player data="jwplayer.flash.swf" which was not good because the player was in media/jwadvanced/player/6/ and this was not the given URL. By editing the code in Firebug and replacing data="jwplayer.flash.swf" by data="/media/jwadvanced/player/6/jwplayer.flash.swf", evrything was working fine, the player was displayed, the playlist was OK and the videos started.

Where is the problem ? Why the code is generated with a bad URL for the Flash player ?

Thanks for your help ! B)
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by philevr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago #7187 by admin
This come from your template (or any other similar extension like a system plugin) who compress/minify javascript, please make an exception for the script :

jwplayer.js

wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2...Compression_Settings

More
10 years 3 days ago #7188 by philevr
Many thanks !! :)

You are right, this is the origin of the problem... and it works well now !
I did not know that compression of javascript could cause that kind of impact and the link you gave is very useful.

Problem solved.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form