RTMP stream in Joomla

More
10 years 3 months ago #6952 by waltbennett
Hi, I have downloaded JW Player 3.7.0 Joomla module. My Joomla version is 3.1.5. Following instructions in another thread in this forum from 2009, I put this xml file in my site's root folder:

<rss xmlns:media=" search.yahoo.com/mrss/ " xmlns:jwplayer=" developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/wiki/FlashFormats " version="2.0">
<channel>
<item>
<title>Angel Live</title>
<description>Angel Live Stream</description>
<media:credit role="author">Angel Is Live</media:credit>
<media:content url="AngelLive" duration=""/>
<jwplayer:type>rtmp</jwplayer:type>
<jwplayer:streamer>rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/oflaDemo</jwplayer:streamer>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

The xml file is found when I address it directly in the browser. I put this address in the "URL of your playlist/Single File" box and set "Select kind of source" to "RSS link".

I placed the JW Player on a single page, and the black box appears, so I know it is properly loaded. The stream address is the exact same address as it is in the "location" box in the Red5 Publisher demo, and the stream name is "AngelLive". I am streaming live video now.

After doing all of the above, the box is black, shows no signs of life whatsoever. At this point I must conclude that I am overlooking something basic, and so I am asking for assistance.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #6953 by admin
Replied by admin on topic RTMP stream in Joomla
Hello,

xml format playlist has changes since 2009, and especially since JW player 6.x, here is how to build you xml playlist :

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/29253/basic-rss-feed

and rtmp stream is load once time trough the file, no lounger need to set the streamer apart.

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...5/rtmp-single-stream

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form