Default Dimensions For Playlist Thumbnail Images

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2389 by 10aShus
Hello,

We're using the latest free JW Player module on Joomla 1.5.23.

From our experimentation it appears that the default "Playlist" height per track, defaults to 60 pixels.

By default the module we believe sets the playlist height to 180 pixels. We thought maybe if we only have 2 playlist tracks defined in the .xml file, then it would split the 180 in half and give use 90 pixels of height per track. That's not the case. It's split into 3rds automatically.

So that tells us, 60 pixels is set in stone somewhere. I made thumbnail images of 60x60 and that works perfect for thumbnail images. But, because we happen to be using textual names on our thumbnails, we wanted them to be just a little bit wider than 60 pixels. So we did 90x60. The playlist crops them to 60x60, but we did notice that the preview picture of that thumbnail in the player window shows all the text. We thought maybe if we make the "annotation" 5 sentences that it would force/adjust the height of the track automatically. That's not the case. It cuts anything off past 60 pixels high.

Is the height per track configurable somewhere? Please do tell. :silly:

Can anyone explain or point us to any documentation that explains the details surrounding "Playlist Dimensions" and configuration options beyond defining a overall total playlist height?

Thanks for your guidance,
10aShus
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by 10aShus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2390 by admin

10aShus wrote: Is the height per track configurable somewhere? Please do tell. :silly:

Basically this is not configurable, but with a skin you can configure this, but :

1 - Skin is only available with advanced version or you will have to hardcode the module.

2 - There is more one hundred of skin available, but I am not sure if one have exactly the height you want, so maybe you will have to build your own skin (trough an xml file)

10aShus wrote: Can anyone explain or point us to any documentation that explains the details surrounding "Playlist Dimensions" and configuration options beyond defining a overall total playlist height?

Thanks for your guidance,
10aShus

playlist.size ( 180 )
When the playlist is positioned below the display, this option can be used to change its height. When the playlist lives left or right of the display, this option represents its width. In the other cases, this option isn’t needed.

see here :
www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...ation-options#layout

you can also find those information in the documentation :
www.joomlarulez.com/download/cat_view/45...ation/46-module.html

More
12 years 11 months ago #2391 by 10aShus

admin wrote: Basically this is not configurable, but with a skin you can configure this, but :

Thanks for the reply admin. If track dimensions, to include thumbnail image sizes are configurable within a playlist container in the advanced version, please share with us where this is documented?

admin wrote: 1 - Skin is only available with advanced version or you will have to hardcode the module.

2 - There is more one hundred of skin available, but I am not sure if one have exactly the height you want, so maybe you will have to build your own skin (trough an xml file)

I understand the need to upgrade. To accomplish our other customer requirements, we will need to do this. We are just getting our feet wet, so to say. :ohmy:

We've read both the documentation your team provides as well as longtail. No where have we found any documentation that describes "SPECIFIC" configuration options for Track dimension options. Everything found is very general. Maybe we are all blind or need more coffee. :side:

This link has the most promising info, but is general in nature. Great documentation none the less.
www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...ng-skins#theplaylist

I have a feeling we will probably need to open up a support ticket with them when the time comes.

All of the info we've found on their site/forums about this matter is a little confusing to us. They have locked all of the threads we found as well.. go figure.

I know anything is possible, so we will make it happen when the time comes. Our customer seems to always find something to drive us crazy. Thanks again for your time admin. Much appreciated.

10aShus

More
12 years 11 months ago #2392 by admin

10aShus wrote: Thanks for the reply admin. If track dimensions, to include thumbnail image sizes are configurable within a playlist container in the advanced version, please share with us where this is documented?

I make a precision --> what advanced version procure is the skin feature, the thumbnail image size can be only adjust by modification of the skin.

about this specific documentation, the link you give is the most details document at this point for build a skin

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...-v5/14/building-skin

For your specific problem what I know is the height of those two elements will determine the height of each item of the playlist :

item.png
itemOver.png

so I guess it will be a good way to start your skin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10aShus

More
12 years 11 months ago #2393 by 10aShus
Ok. Thanks for your time admin.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form