Saveproblem with JW module in Joomla16

More
13 years 1 month ago #2148 by HenkvanDam
I installed mod_player_2.6.1 in Joomla 1.6. In the module manager the JW player module is there, however with "keÿ in" icon, which disappears after opening the module. I selected position 12 for the joomla16 home page website and I kept RSS link www.longtailvideo.com/jw/upload/mrss.xml or I changed to "single file" and I entered several paths like: C:/xampp/htdocs/joomla16/modules/mod_playerjr/video.mp4 or http://joomla16/modules/mod_playerjr/video.mp4. In all cases it seems to be impossblie to save this configuration. After clicking on the "safe"icon nothing happens and after closing and reopening the module the entered configuration is lost. Besides there is a page error on the left bottum and when I click on it it is saying something like " This feature or method is not supported by this object". validity.js Code 0
URL: http://localhost/joomla16/media/system/js/validate.js. "
Also I tried to copy or to upload the videofile in the Joomla mediamanger, but this mediamanager is not supporting videofiles.
I am working with Windows 7 64 bit and IE8. (IE8 starting in 32 bit makes no difference).
Other modules or plug ins like "banners"", "breadcrumps"or SIG don't have the above problem.
This is my first experience with Joomla, please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2152 by admin
Hello,

1 - What is the version of Joomla ?

2 - Did your first installation of Joomla was an 1.6 RC1 ?

3 - Did you try with another browser like Firefox ?

More
13 years 1 month ago #2157 by HenkvanDam
thanks for your reply
In Joomla System Information is indicated Joomla! 1.6.1 Stable [Onward] 07-Mar-2011 23.00 GMT, which I downloaded and installed on April 2nd.
I don't know if this is the 1.6RC1 version or not
I have only IE8 on my system. So, I cann't test with Firefox.
regards

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2158 by admin
Hello,

ok if you have download and install it on April 2nd. it surely a fresh install of Joomla 1.6.1

so I guess your issue is this one :

[#24315] mootools-core.js freezes and timeouts the browser when saving module parameters

A module with a very large number of parameters takes several minutes to save due to javascript hanging on file "/media/system/js/mootools-core.js:1". The same module with same number of parameters works fine on Joomla 1.5 The <config> portion of the module XML is attached.

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=24315

as you can see it's a Joomla issue

so the solution is to try with a browser like Firefox
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by admin.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form