Buffer Length 0, but still buffers entire mp4

More
13 years 7 months ago #1210 by jchenoweth
I have the buffer length set to 0 but the video appears to buffer the entire video before starting.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #1211 by admin
Hi,

the lower value accept is 1.

bufferlength (1 is lower and default value): Number of seconds of the file that has to be loaded before starting. Set this to a low value to enable instant-start and to a high value to get less mid-stream buffering.

Best regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #1212 by jchenoweth
I've tried 0 and 1 for the buffer length but it appears that the entire video (approximately 10 minutes) is downloaded before it starts playing. The files is a large (~300+ MB) mp4 file. I'm linked directly to my router (not using wireless).

Any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

More
13 years 7 months ago #1213 by admin
Hi,

it seems it's encoding issue, i think moov atom are place at the end of your file

see here :

www.joomlarulez.com/forum/33-jw-player-p...no-video-mp.html#928

www.joomlarulez.com/forum/33-jw-player-p...?limit=6&start=6#936

an explanation here :

Important considerations when streaming H.264 content

One important thing about playing an H.264 video file as progressive download is that the moov atom needs to be located at the beginning of the file, or else the entire file will have to be downloaded before it begins playing. The moov atom is a part of the file that holds index information for the whole file. Unfortunately, tools such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects place this information at the end of the file, but Adobe is working to fix this in a future update to the CS3 video production tools. This isn't an issue for streaming the H.264 video files, however, so Flash Media Server users can breathe easy.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form