Upgrade to 3.6 broke rss playlists

More
10 years 5 months ago #6804 by cbri
Hi Everyone, I just upgraded to jw player 3.6 module for joomla 1.5 (working on upgrading that) and my playlists that previously worked now say they can't find the file. Did the rss format change or something? I'm not sure what to look at to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks,
Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6805 by admin

More
10 years 5 months ago #6806 by cbri
Thanks. This is the playlist that was working before I upgraded the jwplayer module on my joomla site. Is there a way to obtain the installer for jwplayer 2 so I can revert while I try to figure out what happened? BTW we are using flash media server to send the video to our site.

Thanks!

---

<rss version="2.0" xmlns:jwplayer=" developer.longtailvideo.com/ ">
<channel>
<title>Playlist with RTMP streams</title>

<item>
<title>Big Buck Bunny</title>
<description>Big Buck Bunny is a short animated film by the Blender Institute,
part of the Blender Foundation.</description>
<enclosure url="SelfDefense_Standing_Submission_RearNaked_RobertoMaia.mp4" type="video/mp4" length="9290000" />

<jwplayer:streamer>rtmpe://71.174.91.32/vod</jwplayer:streamer>
</item>

<item>
<title>Big Buck Bunny (podcast)</title>

<description>Big Buck Bunny is a short animated film by the Blender Institute,
part of the Blender Foundation.</description>
<enclosure url="SelfDefense_Guard_Submission_Armbar_RobertoMaia.mp4" type="video/mp4" length="3550000" />

<jwplayer:streamer>rtmpe://71.174.91.32/vod</jwplayer:streamer>
</item>

</channel>
</rss>

More
10 years 5 months ago #6807 by admin
Rtmp are set inside the same tag now, Try this :
Code:
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:jwplayer="http://rss.jwpcdn.com/"> <channel> <title>Playlist with RTMP streams</title> <item> <title>Big Buck Bunny</title> <description>Big Buck Bunny is a short animated film by the Blender Institute, part of the Blender Foundation.</description> <jwplayer:source file="rtmpe://71.174.91.32/vod/SelfDefense_Standing_Submission_RearNaked_RobertoMaia.mp4" /> </item> <item> <title>Big Buck Bunny (podcast)</title> <description>Big Buck Bunny is a short animated film by the Blender Institute, part of the Blender Foundation.</description> <jwplayer:source file="rtmpe://71.174.91.32/vod/SelfDefense_Guard_Submission_Armbar_RobertoMaia.mp4" /> </item> </channel> </rss>

More
10 years 5 months ago #6808 by cbri
Ok I pasted this into my file and I can see the various selections if I http to the url, but my jwplayer isn't doing anything.. same error 'error loading playlist: error loading file'.. is it the file in the playlist or the playlist file? hmm..

Thanks!

Craig

More
10 years 5 months ago #6809 by admin
Can you provide a link where I can see the player?

and also what exact url is given to you by the rtmp software ?

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form