Struggling with XML file ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #479 by prixdelausanne
Dear Admin,

I am struggling with the xml file for my player.

I used this developer.longtailvideo.com/player/testing/files/asx.xml as a template for the xml file.

When i use this in the Link of you RSS File/Single File it's working fine but when i put my own video and title on it it just don't work ?

check it here : prixdelausanne.org/movies/webtv/pdltv_v3.xml

also what i tried is to save the asx.xml from the "template" and upload it to my server then put the path to the asx.xml and it's not working ? maybe this has to do with my server ?

My point is the following, i need to stream more than 5 files and with the playlist editor i'm limited to 5 files so that's why i want to use an XML file for the playlist.

In advance thanks you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #480 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Struggling with XML file ?
Hi,

I try and it's working for me,

could you show me an example on your server ?

Best Regards

More
14 years 4 months ago #481 by prixdelausanne

More
14 years 4 months ago #482 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Struggling with XML file ?
Hi,

ok i think it comes from a protection of adobe flash player, it protect from abuse stream

The Adobe Flash Player contains a crossdomain security mechanism that denies certain operations on files that are loaded from a different domain than the player.swf.:

developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/wiki/FlashSecurity

all you have to do is to upload to yours web root server where you put, your files (xml and flv) a crossdomain.xml file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd"> <cross-domain-policy> <allow-access-from domain="*" /> </cross-domain-policy>

Best Regards

More
14 years 4 months ago #487 by prixdelausanne
Hello,

thank you for your help but i'm afraid this didn't changed anything... Any other suggestions ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #488 by admin

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form