Module Class Suffix

More
8 years 5 months ago #7676 by stoborough
I'm a bit confused by the global parameter "Module Class Suffix" in JW Player. Based on my experience with other Joomla module extensions I would expect to see an entry in this field - with or without a leading space - show up in the page source html. So far I haven't been able to get that to happen with JW Player. Does anyone have any thoughts or comments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #7677 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Module Class Suffix
Hello,

it works like any Joomla module.

This field will add a suffix to the css class of the module (table.moduletable). This allows individual module styling.

docs.joomla.org/Module_Class_Suffix

More
8 years 5 months ago #7678 by stoborough
Replied by stoborough on topic Module Class Suffix
Thank you but my question still stands. Perhaps it is the case that the css class table.moduletable is only generated when a list (table?) of audio tracks is involved, whereas my testing involves a single audio track. I'm not saying this is the case, but it might explain why I'm not seeing that class, and why neither it nor my module class suffix is visible in the page HTML source. The player module does have a Joomla ID, and that number (of 3 digits) is used to generate an html element ID named <div id='jwplayer###'> where ### is the Joomla ID.

As I mentioned, my question is based on experience with other Joomla modules, and in the course of that experience I have read and re-read multiple times the Joomla documentation on this topic - so I think I have a reasonable grasp of what is supposed to happen here.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7681 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Module Class Suffix
The css class table.moduletable is only used in case your template actually uses it in the module html style (chrome).

I can be possible to force it in the backend

awesomescreenshot.com/03b5dy7616

docs.joomla.org/Using_Class_Suffixes#Module_Class_Suffix

docs.joomla.org/Understanding_Output_Overrides#Module_Chrome

then about the <div id='jwplayer###'> this is the player output, you can't change it and this is not relate to your issue.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by admin.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form