You tube playlist does not display in HTML5

More
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #7189 by Richardkl
I have installed mod_player 3.8 on Joomla 1.5 and the player works fine on IE and FireFox. but not on android phone. The list I am using is

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZO7bcFOD...8U0aX_0ZrRJBnwdAzi6Q

Any Ideas and the list bar does not display on the phone? Just the first video

I have tried it on both the built in android browser and chrome.
Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by Richardkl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 days ago #7190 by admin
Hello,

Youtube video is fullly support in flash only, in html5 a craft embed mechanism is used :

The YouTube API requires the Flash plugin at present. Therefore, it is supported only on desktop browsers. On iOS and Android, limited playback support is available as part of the Download Fallback. YouTube's experimental iFrame API will likely introduce full HTML5 support in the future.

www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...media-format-support

the timeline given is for JW player 6.9 :

developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/ticket/1214

More
10 years 2 days ago #7191 by Richardkl
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, The youtube playlist (dropdown on top of embed player) embed code does work in HTML5 BUT not in flash. that is why I am looking at your player. Link below is the example, the TOP video on page is the Youtube playlist embed and if you use chrome or an android phone the play list drops down when clicked upon and you can choose a video BUT not on IE or Firefox (flash) the only way the playlist becomes active on IE/FF is to click the PLAY button then click the playlist. VERY stupid operation.

www.travelballselect.com/index.php?optio...view=article&id=7656

I am hoping to find something that does not require coding of any kind as my end-users can't even build a xml file.

More
10 years 2 days ago #7192 by admin
As far as I can see you are not using our extension on this page, please provide a link where you are you using it.

Our module name is JW Player : mod_playerjr

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multime...ayers-a-gallery/8156

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Download

Purchase
Download Directory

Login Form